Whistles "Steamboat Willie"

Number 4! I can not believe that I have done 4 of these blogs so far. We still have a lot more to go so I hope that you guys continue to stick with me. Let's go into number 4 which has become one of my personal favorites. 

Steamboat Willie

























I was so excited when this set come out! I do not know if I have every mentioned before that I am a huge Disney fan. Every time there is a Disney Lego set, I want it in my collection. When Steamboat Willie come out, I got so excited that the people at Lego created a set of the first appearance of Mickey Mouse. I thought it was amazing and a brilliant idea. I'm sure that I'm not the only Disney fan around the world that went crazy when this set was released. 

This set is so cute. The detail on the boat is incredible! The boat itself is on wheels so you can steer it and makes it look like Mickey and Minnie are travelling down the river. The paddle wheels even turn while the wheels are the bottom of the boat are moving. The steam pipes also move up and down is an alternating motion while the boat is moving. It is so cute and really adds to the animation of the set. It makes it very cartoon like.  


The boat even has a little spot where Mickey can drive the boat. The detail in the little cabin is so amazing. There are little life rafts on both sides of the cabin and a cute wooden steering wheel. It is shows how the characters can interact with the set itself. 

I also like that when you buy Steamboat Willie, you think that the whole thing is made of black and white bricks. However, this is where Lego tricks you. The outside of Steamboat Willie is completely in black and white like the short film itself but, things are not what they seem on the inside. The entire inside of the boat are made of colorful bricks. I thought it was crazy when I was building it that the whole thing was not black and white. The entire inside shell of the steamboat is colorful. There are red, green, blue, and yellow bricks on the inside of the boat but, if you weren't the person who built it you would never know that. I love that about this set, it is so cool how it tricks you. 



The Mickey and Minnie Mouse mini figures in the Steamboat Willie set are so cute. They are both black, white, and silver just like the outside of the ship. They are perfect for recreating the scenes from the short itself. I also love the Mickey plate that is show behind them. It can be sat straight up like a picture flame, which how it is in the picture to the right. But, it can also lay flat and the mini figures can be placed onto of it instead of on the boat. It is a neat addition to the set.














That's a wrap folks. I absolutely love this set. I think it is so cute and a Disney fan's dream. I have some more Disney stuff coming up so if that it what you like stay toon. But for now, see ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Head in the Game

Going Back to Hogwarts